No pictures this time folks. So we are waiting in our household, or rather I am, a waiting 38 week pregnant woman, maybe not so patiently. I am waiting for Christmas, I am waiting to travel to Alberta to see my two new nephews, my sisters and sisters-inlaw, our brothers(the same), our parents, friends, extended families, my kid's cousins and the list could easily be extended.
But... on Sunday I heard a message in our church listing the reasons that Mary could have been experiencing anxiety, fear on their risky journey. I felt that I could sort of identify with her feelings. However her experience was much different, she had a planned destination, was riding on a donkeys back with little toes poking into her ribs (or maybe baby Jesus didn't do that). She found lodging in meager surroundings, and finally had her baby laying on a pile of straw. So her response is unclear, but I am thinking it didn't involve excessive planning, impatience and finger drumming.
My experience will not be even close to that, at least my neighbor, who is a First Responder hopes. I will have hospital luxuries, a warm bed, a place to stay, family coming to help, and two girls eagerly anticipating the arrival of their new sibling. My response in this time of waiting needs to be altered. I am hoping to one closer to that of Mary's. One of quiet patience, peace, and a desire to hold her baby close and celebrate a new life, in the midst of wise men, sheep, cattle and shepherd's.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
a beautiful post, Shelley. I'll be praying for the safe arrival of your newest family member. (and I'm hoping it won't involve sheep or cattle!) Have a wonderful holiday, and treasure each moment!
I enjoyed your post and think you are even more lovely than you may realize. I truly hope you will have a chance to see all your family, visiting from far away, and that your baby will be a sweet content quiet bundle of joy who travels well to see "his" cousins...i am guessing it is a boy, and yes i have been completely wrong with my guesses before!!
Shelley - I once linked to your site a long time ago, but I just noticed it again on Kelsie's list...you communicate well and I look forward to visiting again. Great post, its a special gift to be pregnant during the season where sermons and reflections focus on Jesus' birth..
kelly
Hello Dear Shelley -
A beautiful post -
Hope your baby arrives safely - you can be without anxious moments - and you can rest in the fact that the Father of our Prince of Peace - cares deeply for you and that wee one - and is totally in control - Blessings and great peace to you in these days!Love you - Auntie Mary :-)
Post a Comment