I just realized that it had been quite a while since my last post, so for you regular checkers, sorry. I have no pictures this time because our USB cable was squished and now we need a new one.
Life continues at a dull roar around here. I am babysitting again and getting used to doing it with a baby on my arm. Gil is back at work and of course still busy.
Kendal is now a whopping 9lbs 10ozs and 23 inches long. She has obviously been busy eating. Julie and Lana are fine tuning the strategy in squabbling. They are specifically researching which pitch irritates mom the most. We have started this new fighting and screaming stage, apparently it will continue for the next 15 years... how exciting.
So that is what is new in our household. We are getting a family picture taken next week, so hopefully I will get a cord by then.
Here is a quote that I found on Gil's blog that I really appreciated. It helps in answering the question " Where is God?". To answer the next question, " Where did this come from?". It is my blog if I feel like putting in random quotes with no explanation, I will.
Blessings.
“Part of the inner world of everyone is this sense of emptiness, unease, incompleteness, and I believe that this in itself is a word from God, that this is the sound that God’s voice makes in a world that has explained him away. In such a world, I suspect that maybe God speaks to us most clearly through his silence, his absence, so that we know him best through our missing him.”
3 comments:
Hey Shelley -
Hi - and hope you are well -
Busy Mama - I remember all too well those years - but I remmeber them fondly - cause they went by way too quickly - here I am thru those 15 years and I could go back - I miss the baby toddler years - how does that work eh - all too soon they are on their own - don't rush it. Love to you all - Great Quote by the way - Find Him in the Silence - EH! - from Auntie M.
Shelley!
I appreciate your words. and the bluntness in which you state them. I'm sorry the screaming has begun... if you need a night off, let me know I'll come babysit!
janell
Oh Shelley, I love you. You are so funny, I can just hear you saying those words. And I can imagine your little angels terrorizing your eardrums while you patiently feed Kendal. Oh for the love. Can't wait to see you again.
Love B
Post a Comment